The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP) are pleased to announce pre-Forum workshops on Infection Control and Antimicrobial Stewardship. The two workshops, which will run concurrently, will feature expert faculty representing the SHEA International Ambassadors program. These experts will discuss infection control and stewardship as key approaches to preventing antibiotic resistance, outline practical and easily implementable solutions and offer participants problem-solving opportunities. Continuing Medical Education Credits from the Delhi Medical Council are now available. Each workshop participant will receive 3 Continuing Medical Education credits. The workshops will kick off the 1st Global Forum on Bacterial Infections: Balancing Treatment Access and Antibiotic Resistance.
The workshop on Infection Control will focus on:
- Creating an environment conducive to preventing and treating infections in resource-limited settings
- Creating and maintaining an infection control program
- Implementing infection control measures, such as disinfection and sterilisation
- Adapting international tools for healthcare-associated infection surveillance
The workshop on Antimicrobial Stewardship will focus on:
- Maximising antibiotic treatment effectiveness while minimising unintended consequences of antimicrobial use, such as antimicrobial resistance
- Addressing stewardship in the Indian healthcare system
- Measuring stewardship outputs at the hospital level
- Implementing stewardship interventions effectively
When: 9:00 am to 12:15 pm, 3 October 2011
Where: India Habitat Center, New Delhi, India
The workshops will be led by expert faculty
from the SHEA International Ambassador program
: $50 before 15 September 2011, $75 after 15 September 2011. There is no refund offered for cancellation. However, registrants who cannot attend the workshops may substitute, by arrangement with the organisers, someone else from the same institute or organisation for no additional fee. Click to register.